Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped on trail yesterday.Went to go and nothing, would not start electrically.Tried pulling it over with rip cord,no light or gauges and still would not start.Got towed to cottage untied it and pushed start button and it started.Shut off went in came out and nothing.This problem is intermintent.
ANY IDEAS anyone.

The above was 2 weeks ago. The dealer put a new relay on $235.00 later and same problem now but the gauges stopped working and the battery died.

Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stopped on trail yesterday.Went to go and nothing, would not start electrically.Tried pulling it over with rip cord,no light or gauges and still would not start.Got towed to cottage untied it and pushed start button and it started.Shut off went in came out and nothing.This problem is intermintent.
ANY IDEAS anyone.

The above was 2 weeks ago. The dealer put a new relay on $235.00 later and same problem now but the gauges stopped working and the battery died.

Any suggestions?????[/b]
Check all you wiring, myabe there is a short, something loose,crash dummy

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Intermittent problems are the hardest ones to fix. Sounds to me as though you have a bad ground. This would cause the sled not to turn over (or start via the pull cord) and then later to start. Check the grounds on the chassis and on the engine; making sure they are not corroded, dirty or rusty.

Since the dealer did some work on the machine just 2 weeks ago, I would suggest taking it back and asking them to have a better look at it this time.

Good luck.
John.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intermittent problems are the hardest ones to fix. Sounds to me as though you have a bad ground. This would cause the sled not to turn over (or start via the pull cord) and then later to start. Check the grounds on the chassis and on the engine; making sure they are not corroded, dirty or rusty.

Since the dealer did some work on the machine just 2 weeks ago, I would suggest taking it back and asking them to have a better look at it this time.

Good luck.
John.[/b]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Good luck.
John.[/b]
I took it to HB Cycle in Lindsay as John told me they have a very good mechanic. This machine has had this problem since day 1.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to HB Cycle in Lindsay as John told me they have a very good mechanic. This machine has had this problem since day 1.
[/quote

Has anyone had this problem with their sled???

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
No problems yet, But I have been watching this thread to see what you find out.. :unsure:

Snow4

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problems yet, But I have been watching this thread to see what you find out.. :unsure:

Snow4[/b]
I lost headlight,hot grips,speedo,ext.. bad relay, fixed under warranty.in two minuets in the parking lot .I have a extra in my tool bag now $25. my killbutton is not working now.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I lost headlight,hot grips,speedo,ext.. bad relay, fixed under warranty.in two minuets in the parking lot .I have a extra in my tool bag now $25. my killbutton is not working now.[/b]
Not uncommon for the kill swithch not to work. I have had to tear mine apart the past 2 years and clean the contacts in it. Some people have sprayed WD-40 into it and pushed it back and forth several times and it starts working again. Something to try.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wish my wife's 03' MXZ550Fan kill switch would stop working!. She constanty hits it by accident and I've resorted to putting a rubber band around it so she'll stop doing that. The rubber band allows it to pop back up. (she can't start it by herself). I know I shouldn't disable the kill switch but desperate times call for desperate measures.. The last time she did it there were 5 sleds behind her waiting for her to go... I had to run back and flip up the kill switch and restart her.. She swore she didn't touch it yet there is nothing wrong w/ the switch.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wish my wife's 03' MXZ550Fan kill switch would stop working!. She constanty hits it by accident and I've resorted to putting a rubber band around it so she'll stop doing that. The rubber band allows it to pop back up. (she can't start it by herself). I know I shouldn't disable the kill switch but desperate times call for desperate measures.. The last time she did it there were 5 sleds behind her waiting for her to go... I had to run back and flip up the kill switch and restart her.. She swore she didn't touch it yet there is nothing wrong w/ the switch.[/b]
haha that is great, hey at least your wife goes, i can't drag my girlfriend out for the life of me

·
Registered
200 Posts
wow a lot of relay problems this year mabe buy 5 or 6 and keep them with u nothing like a 15$ part stoping a 10,000$ seld oh back to thegood ol days when if you had a spare plug and a belt u were ready 4 anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts