Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there has to be a reason why only 57% of our members show their location, of the 57% most are quite vague. i looked at mine and it was southern ontario so changed it to brantford, southern ontario others quite vague were like ohio or nh. i think it is neat when you see a member close to your home and i think the same must be for others. another thing i noticed was 18% showed their email address. is their a reason why information is so vague ?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
paul, for some reason the transition to the new forum made everybody's e-mail private so only the people that took time to go in there control panel and change there e-mail so it would not be private can be seen ! for the location being so vague i guesse everyone is free to post where they live some just dont want people to know where there sled's are...

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
well i guesse some might be scared after investing alot of money on a new sled and mods, we talked about this in a post about 2-3 months ago and most thought that i was just not important to post there location. I personly dont mind posting where i live and would like to know if someone lives close to me.!  :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have to agree with the both of you guys. It's where do we draw the line? I listed Boston, but any body from Boston also now this includes the bordering towns (7 -10 towns). You hear about how some people meet over the internet and someone is either robbed or killed. Having a 13 month old baby (first child) and two brand new sleds, I worry and try to be very cautious of whom I am speaking too. There are a lot of  imposters out there who do take advatage of the "nice guy next door" or the innocent.  ie. Anthrax, I think this is an imposter taking full advantage of the US being scared of terrorism. But that is just my gut feeling. I hope I am very wrong on this huntch.....  

Doo

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey do the doo you are right about meeting over the internet and who knows what could happen. my neighbours wife met a guy from ohio on the net and now instead of 2 children she has 3, one made in the USA.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You guys can stop in any time and check out the garage. I'm not to worred about safety, my wife is a red head, and what they say about red heads is true, some times it's not safe for ME to go in the house!!!

Beware Of Wife
She may hurt someone....

oh yah, we met at work and everyone called her TAZ!
You would think that would have been a clue!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
toydoc, my wife's a redhead too. So I know what you mean. I think whoever wrote the phrase....." I live with FEAR everyday.....Sometimes she lets me race" that guy must have lived with a redhead also.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Funny that you are talking about all of this. I would have never really thought about that. Sleds are one of the easiest things to steel and get away with. When I was young I started out on an 89' jag. My father had a brand new 89' Wildcat 650. We were in old forge for a couple of days and nobody ever worried about leaving there sleds out in the open... hell because of the low variety of keys it didnt matter. woke for the last day of riding and his sled was gone. Nothing special about that one and everybody had one so what were we supposed to do... stop everyone who had an 89' 650. That was a hot sled and everybody had one. My sleds are tight away in my garage and I dont usually worry about them. The axle on my trailer is locked to steel pipe in the ground. I live on Long Island and I havent found many people from Long Island on here. All of us hear have to drive to snow anyway. It would be nice to meet some guys around here and get some trips going. I am still up for a Northeast snowmobileworld ride in. But I dont see that being a big sucess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unless you're from a very tiny town there should be no worries. Your exact address is not listed. People just have to use common sense when meeting or talking to anyone over the internet. We are all grown-ups. If you still don't feel comfortable then don't fill it out, it's optional.
It's that simple.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Morocco: What's the sleding like in your part of Alberta? A friend of mine from here in Ontario has lived in the Strathmore/Airdrie areas for the past 10 years the sledding is the biggest thing his misses down there. Where he grew up north of Apsley, he could ride from his parents farm.

Speaking of locations, a person could just put in the largest town or city nearby. Other than Mr. Yarek, all of us use nicknames so it's pretty hard to find us in the phone book

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I turned 40 last October, where's that put you?
Or does my wealth of knowledge make me seem older than my years  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Paul's silence speaks volumes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts