Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the weights in my friends sled has play back and forth. Are there bearings or bushings that are replaceable? One seems good put the others seem to have too much play. Also the bushing that the weights roll against. How much should those move back and forth.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For top preformance they should move too much. As they get older there will be more play.

If anything, your friend should replace the bushings washers and pins. Depending on how many miles are on the sled, it may even be worth getting a whole new clutch.

Cats are hard on clutches, maintenance like the weight bushings, pins, and washers should be done every 1500 miles, after 4500 miles the spider bushings are usually gone. YOu can rebuild them, but is usually easier and cheaper to replace the whole thing.

newf

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Well... I disagree on getting a new clutch.
Just rebuilt my primary... 168.00 CDN. all AC parts. Pins, bushings, and spider roller kit with new buttons.
I hade to replace a weight as well (that was costly as I have a clutch kit on it)... bushing got a touch sloppy and the edge wore a touch... but by far cheaper to rebuild then buy new. (providing its a simple rebuild!!!) I change weight bushings and pins every year, and roller and buttons depending on wear, usually every other year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts