Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is there a big bore kit available for my 98' 583 MXZ?  I burnt the crank at the end of last season and figure if I'm going to spend the money I might as well go big. I've about gave up finding a 670 to put in it.  I thought the 583 worked Ok but would like some more torque. Any other suggestion on building the 583 would be appreciated.
 Thanks,
     Brent

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
How about an 809? It is a fairly simple install in that chassis, pipes are the only unique thing and they are made by Jaws, Crank Shop for the application. Maybe even a FIII 700 or FIII800 motor with the single pipe!

·
Registered
233 Posts
The 583 & 617 have a single exhaust port. The 617 is a stroked 583. In my opinion the 670 is a much better motor. Keep looking for a 670. There's a grass drag & swapmeet in Wausau Wi this weekend. You might be able to find one there if you live near by.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like the 670 myself but if you cant find one why not just port the case on the 583. Just doing the tunnel ports works real good on the 583. It makes a real strong, very reliable sled, the 583 is a very solid rotax motor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions guys
 Does crankshop have a website? Who's a good rotax twin mechanic in Northern Michigan?

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DOO-ADA2D @ Sep. 14, 2002, 7:48pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who's a good rotax twin mechanic in Northern Michigan?[/b][/quote]
You could PM MachZMan from this forum or give Chuck Walter
at Twin Lakes Marina in Lewiston (989-786-2711) a call
because both of these guys are good with Rotax motors.
ZMachMan lives in Elmira/Alba just outside of Gaylord which
is close to you.

Or you could look here: http://www.dneperformance.com/ for
some good information.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think I saw a 670 on Ebay yesterday.
                        Ryan

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
ZmachMan Also has a 2000 mxz600 complete motor and everything to install it.  Pm him and he'll get back in touch with you. Give him your number so you guys don't play tag. He can help you with everything and lead you in the right direction. My 809 is headed up to him this weekend.
Caleb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts