Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my formula z to a ski doo dealership yesterday to have it looked at (im guessing that was a mistake) anyway we couldn't get it to idle it would just die. it runs great from 2000rpm to 4500rpm then when you hit 5000 it bogs down and wont keep climbing. the previous owner had it rebuilt and it only had 80 miles on a fresh rebuild. the dealership had it compression tested and said one head had 90 and the other had 120 I find it hard to believe that its blown piston and ring wise with only 80 miles on a rebuild. what are your guys thoughts??? I was told that it my just need a new set of head gaskets?? they say those go bad on rebuilds sometimes?? any help would be great!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I suppose it could be a head gasket but I don't know if that would limit rpm. Best bet is to take a look at the top end. I would be more inclined to say one piston is in backwards. Who did the rebuild?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did the guy show any proof of the rebuild? Reciepts etc who did the rebuild? That engine should have more compression than that it should have new gaskets seals etc of done correctly that's why I have a compression tester good luck with dealers they just want to pickle you! I doo all my work myself now days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts