Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between these three motors, is one any more reliable than the other, in particular, is the 583 a reliable motor?

I'm not too familiar with the ski-doo engines, are the 583 and the 600 the same??

Looking at a 583 summitt, so just wondering.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about kind of repeating a post from below. If naybody has any input regarding a 98 -99 summitt 500 or 583, it would be much appreciated. :withstupid:

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 583 and 600 engines are completely different from each other. Both engines are pretty reliable. The 670 and the 583 are the same type of engines, rotory valve. If you are looking for a summit and will be riding in lots of powder or up some big hills, you might wanna get a SummitX 670 for the added power. Or if you are looking for something a bit newer, get at least a 700 Summit in the ZX chasis.

Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never ridden the 600 Doo, but I have ridden a 583 & a 670. The 670 is a great engine and a lot of people swear by them. Great Power and Good reliability to match.

The 583 really suprised me...I was expecting a Meek and Mild sled when I rode it but the power band hit suprisingly hard. It wasn't my Mach, but the lightweight of that sled paired with the decent grunt of that engine are a good match.

Just my .02.

-Josh

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sold a '96 MXZ 670 last year, and it had 11,500 km on it. The only problem I had was the pull cord broke once, and the recoil mechanism broke once (just needed a new plastic piece that comes in a rebuilt kit).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 95 Formula z with a 583 and it moves.Not much slower than my friends mxz 700.What part of Alberta you from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts