Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YA this year was real fun  

It's half my own fault but still,I left a 1/4 tank of gas in the sled untreated and it froze , Right when the snow started to fly here in Wi about a week and a half ago. Took me only 6 days to get in our shop and fixit I got it running last week sunday during the packer game (gusse I didn't miss much)and I put a whole 7miles on. All from ditch riding. And tues. the snow started to melt(high of 43F). What a fun year,any one else have this problem to?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Been riding for 25 years.  Tried to buy a new sled every year for the last 9 years.  I was finally able to afford a newer one (1997 - up from 1980).   What luck.  Beautiful sled, no snow.  I've still managed 650 miles.  But I prefer to ride cross country (lakes, trails, hills, swamps, etc.) haven't had the conditions yet.  The groomed trails have been alot of fun, but CC is atleast twice as good!!!!  Hopefully February & March will be awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Gas froze? I've parked my sled in -30C nights with less than a quarter tank and it has never frozen
I've never heard of that. You must have had alot of water in it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I won't, I did clean the carbs, in fact I cleaned the whole fuel system and the exaust system. I had to take most of the sled a part to do it but I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What gives with these new sleds?  Had a '76 Polaris TX 440 which I bought a year old in '77.  Had that machine for 20 years.  I never once drained the fuel or added fuel stabilizer.  I fired it once during the summer every year.  The machine always started first pull, second if really cold.  Never touched the engine or carbs, rebuilt the fuel pump once.  Sold that machine and it still ran like a top.  A couple of years ago I bought a Skidoo FIII and Mach Z.  FIII engine has been rebuilt 3 times, Mach Z on fourth rebuild. Junk!!  And yes I rebuild and clean the carbs every year. Thank you Yamaha for bringing snowmobile engine technology into the new millenium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts