Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got any news on the new 600 H.Os? Horsepower numbers? Clutching info? anything?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The 600HO is a diffrent 600 block then the old 600.  

Last years 600 was a bored out 500.  The HO is a big block (the same block as the 700 and 800 twin.

It uses 8 reed pedles instead of last engines 6.  It has better exhaust porting and a new exhaust system.

One magazine dynoed it at 118hp (I think).  Pretty much all magazines have the numbers on this engine now, you might just want to buy one.  

The 600Ho is the king of 600 engine for this year with more bottom, and mid then polaris top end isnt confirmed yet but reports say its up to the task of taking out higher cc engines.  People say it feels like a 700.

The 800 HO is designed for high altitude running and doesnt really offer a diffrence in power compaired to the regular 800.  Yes there is a bit of an increase but the higher compression and better air flow was disigned to run in higher altitudes So say skidoo engineers.  

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i dont know the hp numbers but i was at the northeast grass drags in sherman mills maine this weekend and i can tell you the 600 ho rocked!! easily took its class beating polaris and cat 600`s

·
Registered
278 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (warner @ Sep. 16, 2002, 12:32am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anybody got any news on the new 600 H.Os? Horsepower numbers? Clutching info? anything?[/b][/quote]
You can try this Bill Cudney has a clutch kit for the 600 HO and is working on other setup at this time. Hope this helps. HP I have heard 118 to 122 But who knows.

www.cudneyracing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts