Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow almost 120 horses out of a 600 twin, that really is amazing. Now all Ski-doo has to do
is make the 500, 600, 700 and 800 into HO's.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mxz7, That sucks! now we'll be gettin' stomped by 600's this year. Well as long as it's a DOO!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I bet it was I read it today after I got mine out of the mail.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steimy @ Sep. 25, 2002, 4:46pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mxz7, That sucks! now we'll be gettin' stomped by 600's this year. Well as long as it's a DOO![/b][/quote]
Horsecollar,I would rather get stomped by a Doo 600 vs. a Poo 600.

Two of my buddies bought Rev 600 H.O.s (can't wait to get some seat time in one), there is no doubt we will race. I know I will get beat thru the twisties,but in the open fields I think the 700 will hold its own.  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (H.O.RIDER @ Sep. 25, 2002, 4:51pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If this is fact I am truly impressed. I hope the source wasnt Amsnow. If it was subtract about 5 HP. I hope its true.[/b][/quote]
The dyno #s were from American Snowmobiler magazine.

What makes you think that the hp readings would be off 5 hp ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hopefully things have changed but in the past every HP rating quoted by Amsnow was more of "What would the reader like to hear"  rather than fact. We will have to wait and see but Im thinking it may be another one of there hypes like the 670 HO makes 130 HP and the Viper was in the 130 range. The HO was about 125 and the Viper was 122-124.

I hope they are correct but I am skeptical

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (H.O.RIDER @ Sep. 25, 2002, 9:24pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully things have changed but in the past every HP rating quoted by Amsnow was more of "What would the reader like to hear"  rather than fact. We will have to wait and see but Im thinking it may be another one of there hypes like the 670 HO makes 130 HP and the Viper was in the 130 range. The HO was about 125 and the Viper was 122-124.

I hope they are correct but I am skeptical[/b][/quote]
I hear you sledding brother. Let us wait and see.  

Last edited by mxz7 at Sep. 25, 2002, 9:34pm

·
Registered
664 Posts
7, I don't know man, my sled I think was around 122hp, yours may be slightly higher. Those REVs weigh alot less too. I always had good races with the 99 mxz 600, I never got beat but the race was always very close or tied.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
H.O.RIDER,that could just be the differace from your dyno to dynoports.or could be they are real lean, just enough fuel to make a 600 foot run instead of 1000-2000 feet.this is where you can be fooled their testing methods,are the differant from yours?I just looked at the BSFC on the test and it is in the safe .6 range at that hp.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dooman:
I dont have my own dyno although I have had my own sleds dyno'd in the past. The numbers I quoted have become over a period of time average heat soaked , properly jetted repeatable #'s. I realize dynos vary as do operators of them and conditions. It just seems to me that in the past Amsnows #'s were high. As a big Doo fan I hope they are correct for a change. In my opinion Rich Dalys #'s always seem a little high if that is who Amsnow is quoting.

·
Registered
171 Posts
never saw a dyno sheet for one but rode a Renegade and Rev with that engine and they move.  I would not be at all surprised if the @120 hp figure is accurate.  Welcome back S-D!

·
Registered
524 Posts
No 2 sleds of the same model are exactly the same, in 99 I stood by and watched 2 670 HO's get dynoed, 1 made 129HP the other made 133 same day, same temp, same calibration. Daly stuff isnt too far off, Ive seen some that have some pretty cold coolant temps but Im not going to haggle over a couple of HP difference from one sled to another, a dyno is nothing but a tool, its numbers arent worth a damn if the power doesnt get to the snow.. and power transfer is where ski doo rules.

·
Registered
530 Posts
OK, that's awesome. But I'm gonna have to do some serious mods to keep up with my dad now. Hmmm, I wonder what I could do. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts