Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking for stock specs for the primary clutch on my 92 mach 1 617.
More specifically I am looking for factory spring specs as well as recommended engagement rpm and shift rpm. I am currently engaging at 3000 rpm and i think a tired spring is to blame.
Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
You should think of a clutch kit. You will get both springs, helix & adjustable pins. You could realy wake up that mach. I deal with Cudneyracing & he builds nice kits. :thumbsup: If you are interrested check his web site out www.cudneyracing.com to get his phone # or e-mail him
He is into Revs but he does all ski doos. What rpm would you like to have your clutch engage?
By the way welcome to SW :D SWRules

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
is there a "standard" engagement speed for clutches? Kinda like how the "standard" idle speed is between 1500 and 2000rpm I know mine is engaging real high too. Like not till a little after 4000

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The spring your TRA should have is 414 748 600 colour code Yellow Yellow 100 - 230 Lbs. Launch rpm should be around 3600 rpm with a good belt installed.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You should think of a clutch kit. You will get both springs, helix & adjustable pins. You could realy wake up that mach. I deal with Cudneyracing & he builds nice kits. :thumbsup: If you are interrested check his web site out www.cudneyracing.com to get his phone # or e-mail him
He is into Revs but he does all ski doos. What rpm would you like to have your clutch engage?
By the way welcome to SW :D SWRules[/b]

Keep in mind that not many companies have kits for 15 year old sleds anymore. Most only have some springs lying around and the info archived away somewhere.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The spring your TRA should have is 414 748 600 colour code Yellow Yellow 100 - 230 Lbs. Launch rpm should be around 3600 rpm with a good belt installed.[/b]

so you think i need a new clutch or rebuild?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
so you think i need a new clutch or rebuild?[/b]
Nick, I couldn't tell you without seeing you current clutch...It would be like asking me if you need a new liver. Chances are, the primary clutch spring is sacked out and maybe the derilon bushing is worn. Those RSS clutches are pretty robust and don't usually wear out (kinda like your liver).

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
ok, maybe its the belt, IDK. If it gets worse then ill worry. i do remember when I started the sled after the rebuild (in the winter) the clutch wasnt engaging at all. We had to tap it with a hammer to get it to engage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts