Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am needing some wisdom from you Skidoo fellas.  My good buddy just purchased a '96 670 Summit. The darn thing doesn't want to start.  You are talking exhausted man!  It has a primer on it. Pipes and after that I can't really say any more about it other than once it does start it runs and starts fine.  Just the cold starts really suck.  I don't really know much about the Doo's and what makes them tick .  Can someone share some light on the subject? Thanks

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
well...do you know the primer password?

my 97 usualy starts cold after 3 primes. Maybe you guys are just flooding it?

·
Registered
858 Posts
My 96 starts 2nd pull in the worst conditions. Like legendary super moderator said, 3 primes and pull. Check the plugs and make sure the gap is good and clean. It could also be a leak in the fuel lines. Did that summit come with a HAC cause I know that if there is some water in it, it freezes and it's really hard to start.

·
Registered
75 Posts
96 Summit has a HAC system, but I would make sure when you are priming it, it is getting fuel and not air! Prime until you can feel the fuel come through the primer, then 3 primes after that!! If you just prime it 3 times, your probably not getting much fuel most likely air. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts