Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still having a hell of a time trying to get my Olympic to start.
I have rebuilt the carb, put in a new plug, drained the crank case, checked and cleaned the points.
It seems to get a good spark but maybe I am not.  Its a blue colour.
I am also having a hard time with my pull core.  It doen't catch everytime I try to pull it over.  I even changed the pawl and still no luck.
Any suggestions??  I checked the compression and its around 115.
The engine is a 70 335cc.
Thanks for the help!
Matt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Zooman,  Have you tried priming your engine?  Take the plug out and put about 1/2 a teaspoon of gas in the cylinder. Put the plug back in and pull it over,  if it sputters then you have a fuel problem. as for your recoil try lubing it up with WD40 and see if that help any.  Hope this helps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have a 74 tnt.  Had the same problem with the pull start.  Put new pawls and a new hub on and it stripped after about 50 pulls.  I can't seem to find a fix for this.  Poor design.  I wonder if another brand pull starter system will work on this?  hmmmm

·
Registered
561 Posts
Did ya try the gas down the spark plug hole ? You said you rebuilt the carb .... is it getting gas , if not check your fuel pump change all you gas lines and fuel filter and change your vacuum line to the fuel pump , I had the same trouble but mine would run but after it warmed up the vacuum line would collaspe and it would'nt get gas . My frend had a old RV340 it would start but stop right away .... he done everything to it could'nt figer it out , ended up selling it CHEAP ended up being a little peice of paper stuck in the elbo in the fuel tank . Well good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys.
I did try the gas down the plug hole but it would only cough once or twice.
I ended up taking it to a guy and we tore it down and we are putting new bearings and crank seals into it.
I should know by the weekend if that was the problem.
Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we got the engine back togethor yesterday and primed the carb and it started the first pull.
So I am guessing that it was the crank seals that where the problem.
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts