Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some info. I am considering purchasing a 99 700 Mountain Max. I found one for a good price with 2000 miles great shape. I ride a 96 Polaris 600 XCR and I want something with more power. I ride in the mountains of Idaho (deep snow) I have heard lots of different things about these sleds, but not from anyone who ownes one. I want to know how they do in the powder and will they run with the Polaris 700 RMK's. I am fairly new to this sport but I ride pretty hard and love getting the sled in the air. Please let me know how they have done for you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I love mine. I just put reverse in it. It is a little tough to get used to side hilling. mine is a 2001. there are tons of Modifications you can do to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking at a used MM700 I would try to find a 2000 or newer model. The 1999's have the steep approach angle, non tapered tunnel, 136 inch track, and do not come with a mountain strap.

Stock vs. stock in a drag race a RMK will beat a MM700 in all cases that I have seen.

Going down the a rough section of trail - it's a different story.

If you go with the 99 - I would change the approach angle, you can get kits from Mountain Performance or Hartman Inc

A set of pipes works well, and Simmons Skis are a good add-on

I owned a 98 and a 2001 and had no problems with either sled -

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have two 99's and eight 03's and they are all amazingly reliable. As one other person already stated, the 99's have a steeper approach angle but, that does not seem to affect the sleds powder performance to much if you have a good riding style. We ride with a guy who has a RMK and neither of us has gotten stuck regardless of the snow.

Guys I need some info. I am considering purchasing a 99 700 Mountain Max. I found one for a good price with 2000 miles great shape. I ride a 96 Polaris 600 XCR and I want something with more power. I ride in the mountains of Idaho (deep snow) I have heard lots of different things about these sleds, but not from anyone who ownes one. I want to know how they do in the powder and will they run with the Polaris 700 RMK's. I am fairly new to this sport but I ride pretty hard and love getting the sled in the air. Please let me know how they have done for you.
[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts