Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info from Arctic Cat riders. I am looking at a 2000 700 powder special. I found one for a real good price with low miles and nice condition. I have only riden Polaris myself. All my snowmobiling friends ride polaris they tell me to stay away from the powder specials. They can't really tell me why they feel this way. I like the look and feel of the sled when I sit on it. I nned to know the good and the bad of this sled. Also how it compares to my other sled performance wise, (I have a 96 Polaris 600XCR with a 136x1.75 track). The sled is less money than the 98 700 RMKs with more miles. If I buy it what areas need improvement. Please help I know nothing about Arctic Cats. Thanks Guys!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
what are you trying to gain with the switch
seems like your not gaining much
killer deal on the 700? looking to change from the older polaris? looking for mountain only or both flat and mountain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to switch we had another Polaris that my wife totaled. Then I bought a really hot rodded sled that kept breaking down. when I had to replace a head and they had to do all the custom work to match the bored out pist the cost convinced me that I wanted a less modified sled and I sold that one. I need another sled so we can both ride. Want something that has more low end punch for hills and powder that the 600 triple does. The triple is real fast for a 600 on the flats and trails but not really torquey enough for the hills.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That 700 is a piston port and is a reliable engine. I think the down fall is low hp ....(115)and poor fuel mileage. There is alot of them on the trails and they work great. If you want an excellent cat buy one with the APV..........good torque and your polaris friends will be hunting for fuel long before you every time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:0: I have been looking most the cats are miled up or too expensive. Have found some 98 powder cats nearly same miles almost same price. Otherwise I mostley find thundercats and they want a pretty high price for them too. Is the 700 going to have alot more torque than my XCR triple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts