Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 74 cheetah 340 has been acting up lately. It is a kawasaki 340 twin with the walbro carb on it. If i shut it off after riding for like 45 mins to an hour, and i come back to start it it will fire, then quit. After this no matter what i do it wont run. i can even spray ether in the carb and the plugs and it still wont fire. If i disconnect the impulse line from the carb, it will pop and fire until it stays running then if i plug that line back in it is fine. when i pull the plugs out when this is happening the plugs are bone dry, and they are a good brown color too. is this vapor lock? is my carb messed? thanks btw this only happens every once in a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 74 cheetah 340 has been acting up lately. It is a kawasaki 340 twin with the walbro carb on it. If i shut it off after riding for like 45 mins to an hour, and i come back to start it it will fire, then quit. After this no matter what i do it wont run. i can even spray ether in the carb and the plugs and it still wont fire. If i disconnect the impulse line from the carb, it will pop and fire until it stays running then if i plug that line back in it is fine. when i pull the plugs out when this is happening the plugs are bone dry, and they are a good brown color too. is this vapor lock? is my carb messed? thanks btw this only happens every once in a while.[/b]
Sounds like a problem I have had with a few of my old sleds either check the line to the pump for a tight fit and no leaks (check all of the lines while your at it) and make sure the impulse line is not hard and brittle and the fitting at the case is not leaking , if all looks well I would go through the carb and do a rebuild on the pump and clean the carb
also make sure your fuel is clear of all moisture even a little bit can freeze up a carb long enough to make you think it is vapor locked ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts