Based on a 95 Mach 1. Twin factory pipes, 44mm carbs, and airbox. A local performance shop owner and I designed it last winter. We used Wiesco sleeves and Rotax pistons from the 800 twin. Had to shim cylinders for crown hieght also. We used an H.O. head machined to work with the flat top pistons. A little more work, but I wanted to use cast pistons. Around 1200 miles on it so far with no problems. Lot's more power there but I didn't want to be playing with it a lot. There are kits out there that are less work but they use forged pistons. My kit cost me $2400.00 CDN, and I already had the head. It,s worth it though when I go by the new sleds on my old beater.
It turns 8100 rpm. Also made a billet RV cover to open intake up. Could easily see 150 HP with a little tweaking.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, troubleshooting, trails, maintenance, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, and more!