Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if we had any owners of these sleds out there in the community?

·
Registered
393 Posts
There is a '77 El tigre' 4000 in my Garage. I've been storing,restoring for a friend. It now has a 500 in it because the 440 jugs were getting hard to find. It is really fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if we had any owners of these sleds out there in the community?[/b]
i have a 77 txl i race it in vintage drags 1/8 mile. u have a mod ?
would like too hear what u all did to mod it and how much it improved

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got a '77 El Tigre 4000 as well no engine in it the sled is mint could use a new rear suspension tho any ideas on anything that would fit? and as for the TXL i mean the Indy TXL's

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can't gain alot of height in the rear because of the spindle angle. If you lift it a bunch it will have no caster, The steering will be uncontrollable. On the one here we upgraded to the '78 and newer rear suspension. It isn't much of an improvement but, is just a little better. If you want lots of suspension you will have to go to a newer chassis.
The best part about the '77 is the fact that it is light. Ours is real close to 300 lbs. I have a a '73 el tigre' as well, Me and my skinny buddy can pick it up and slide it into the back of the truck with ease.
I plan on building an open mod based on a '77 El tigre chassis. Drag sleds don't need much suspension. I'll post it on S.W. when I start on it.
The TXL is upgradable. you can put all kinds of suspension travel into it. Sinse the '77 is missing the motor already maybe you should thing of doing what I am, build a drag sled.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the polaris based sled im talking about was made for only 3 years if that its the Polaris Indy TXL model it had a 340 LC engine in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts