Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 77 jag 340 from a friend. It has the single carb, but i have a complete dual carb setup for a 77 colt 250 which will most likely bolt up to the spirit 340 motor. Would this be a good idea, i know u get more power, but is there any problems with it just need some opinions. Motor runs great with 115mag 120pto psi. Is it true these sleds will hit 60?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just got a 77 jag 340 from a friend. It has the single carb, but i have a complete dual carb setup for a 77 colt 250 which will most likely bolt up to the spirit 340 motor. Would this be a good idea, i know u get more power, but is there any problems with it just need some opinions. Motor runs great with 115mag 120pto psi. Is it true these sleds will hit 60?[/b]
I had an 80 Jag 340 fan which my dad bought new. I would ride it on the river we lived on, and
would ride with the throttle tight to the bars for miles at a time. On smooth ice with just a little snow for traction, I would hit high 60's on the speedo- which probably related to about 60 real mph.
Had a few Cat Claws on it for traction, no carbides on the skies, though.

Have an 80 Polaris TX now- has more power than the Jag. It is a free air with twin carbs and
a single pipe. I hit 80 on the speedo on a similar LONG wide open run on ice about 10 years ago.
Similar sleds- differences were free air(TX) vs fan(Jag) and 1 carb (Jag) vs 2 carbs (TX) Probably about a 10mph difference in absolute top end.

I have burned down more than 1 piston after making engine mods on other sleds. Need to watch plugs and piston wash carefully, and don't let your enthusiasm get the best of you when your thumb has a death grip on the throttle and your adrenaline is rushing like you're on some illicit drug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts