Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off im new to this forum, second im new to yamaha, I picked up a 77, or 78 enticer 250 at an auction, now im looking for parts for it. I haven't had any luck getting this sled running, but then again getting any type of tech info for it seems imposible to. But with my limited knowledge i've narrowed my problems down to the internal coil. Next problem, called numerous dealers, salvage yards, been checking e-bay ect.ect. Internal ignition coils are kinda hard to find. Any one have any idea's where i might fine me one?

Oh little more info. i baught this thing for my 7 and my 8 year old girls to learn on, they are seriously bumed because daddy can't get their yamy going, and yes it'll be snowing soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey welcome to the Yamaha Enticer. I'm in the same boat as you are. I have a '79 enticer 250 and need one part for it. My sled runs great but at the end on last season a air duct broke off and I need one. I don't have any old coils that would help you out. Have you thought of buying another enticer to use as a parts donor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey welcome to the Yamaha Enticer. I'm in the same boat as you are. I have a '79 enticer 250 and need one part for it. My sled runs great but at the end on last season a air duct broke off and I need one. I don't have any old coils that would help you out. Have you thought of buying another enticer to use as a parts donor?[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if you typed anything because all I see is my post in quotes.[/b]

Sorry like i said im new to this, and well sense ive more or less gotten no responce from anyone on this sight i havent really been checking it. What ive done was gotten two more sense then. so now i have three 77-78 enticer 250's, I also got a parts motor in the deal so

#1 sled- Stator unit out of parts motor and whala i have nice spark. However still have something else a miss sense it doesn't want to start.

#2 sled- needs a good carb cleaning, im going to take the oil injector out and run premix, but the major problem with this sled is the stearing is all bent up. basically when you turn the bars in one direction the stearing linkage is so bent up it acually rubs the motor and acually moves the motor. So i gotta take the motor out and straighten things up a bit.

#3 sled- Also a good carb cleaning, also oil injector out and set up for premix. needs a new seat cover, I did #1 for leat than 20 bucks, and thats only because i had to bye a peice of wood for it, and then the major problem with this one is the ski's are rotted out, creative welding might get me started, or make me some good spairs but the only way to fix this is to find a good pair. Also i do have a set of good Ski- doo Elan ski's they are like really small but they will work.

Sorry, not going to part these sleds yet, the three sleds i have i only have one with that particular part, and well i took it off and thew it away. Maybe mine are different, but i didn't see any use for this duct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts