Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of the blizzard cross country? After little research it only looks like it was made in 79. Anyone know anything about it? What makes it a "cross country" blizzard? I posted in the vintage section but it seems like no one looks there anymore.

Heres a picture

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The free air Cross Country sleds were built in '77, '78 & '79. The '77 & '79s were LC while the 78 was a free air.

The '78 motors was a free air making 45 HP to comply w/ the racing rules @ the time. The '79 motor was a LC 340 detuned to 56 HP.

I think it has a beefed up tunnel & the ski stance was the same.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Was it made for the i500? and did it have duel carbs?[/b]

Not for oval racing cross country racing

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
so was the motor the 368 with duel carb set up?[/b]
Actually it was a free air 340.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Are you sure it was not a fan cool , most free airs have the heads out of the hood for cold air?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the one in the pic is a 79, so its probably liquid cooled.

·
Registered
211 Posts
340 Liquid Cooled Single pipe for limited 56 HP Cross Country Class Rules back in the day (67 for twin pipe classic 7500+ model). I Know RV/Sonics . :whistling: Heres My PERFECT 79 !!!!!Trooper

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just curious, i noticed how you set a piece of wood inbetween the ski instead of letting the ski sit on the wood. why is that? Less pressure/wear on the spring? You keeping that blizzard?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes no pressure on springs during storage, new factory leafs are hard to find and expensive. Sorry not for sale.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I test drove a 7500 back in the day and it was resl fast, then I got a 9700 or the frist of the 521,s. But I will never forget the speed of that 7500 0 to 70.

·
Registered
211 Posts
They have many fan cooled moters back then.[/b]
ALL the RV/Sonic were F/A(Free air) or Liquid Cooled.!!!!!!!!!!!! Next Question, ever seen the show Stump the Swab?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts