Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went riding today i was on my vmax4 my bud was on my 79 srx440 we did a little drag race and beleive it or not that old beast stayed right beside me for the first 100yards then the vmax started to pull out but not drive away the srx is stock except for aaen pipes and 81 srx butterfly carbs my brother was on his 78 srx and he could not keep up but his is bone stock its just mind boggleing to me that a 440 will run right with my vmax4 w/ 880 big bore im just glad it mine and not my buds so he wont dog me about stayin beside me for so long anybody know how fast a 79 srx will top out at i have heard 100+mph thank God its snowing again fresh snow for the morning later all :0

·
Registered
4 Posts
They were fast for a 440, actually even today. Ive got one with a 1976 ssr factory motor that puts out a claimed 105 hp. Notbad for a 1976 sled.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what your sayin when i raced my vmax4 and this is highly modifided that little beast stayed right beside me until we hit about 85 then the vmax4 started to pull away but the vmax4 has twice the motor 880  bigbore 440x2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not surprised at all! It sounds like it its a good one though, because most people couldnt tune um to run to their potential..Top speed is 105 on hard pack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts