Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the site and recently accuired a 79' deere trailfire 440 that had been sitting in a barn for about 25 years. after an extensive carb cleaning I put it back on and just added a little pre-mix and the ski fired up first pull and ran great for about 20 seconds till the fuel ran out. Once I got everything back together and tank cleaned and new fuel lines and such I fired it up again and again first pull fired and ran great, reved a few times then let it drop to idle and it idled about a minute kinda roughly and cut out ( still havent tuned carb anything beyond guesstimating when i re-assembled it) that was last night, today i went out to start it and get the carb tuned correctly but it wont start. I only am seeing a spark on one cylinder. I am thinking its the CDI but wanted to drop a post too see what anyone else thought. My expirience is more on jet skis. anyone know if this motor is set up the same way as on kawi's jet ski motors, where there is one exciting stator that lights up both plugs? I have a 650 kawi cdi lying around, both have the 3 wire connection, cept the one from jet ski also has a ground anyone think of a reason why it wouldnt work? thanks guys!

·
Registered
86 Posts
did u check your spark plugs? maybe one went bad from idleing to long it loaded up with oil? if so, i am pretty sure you have a bad coil, or CDI, but most likely if you have good spark on one cylinder, the cdi is still good. your magneto also could have wnet bad. also check your wiring harness for shorts and make sure your plug wires are all good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts