Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I have blown up my 2001 Zr 800 i'm looking at big bore kits.  Who has the most trailable and reliable kit BM 925 or D&D 1010?  Any realife experiences or knowledge of these kits would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer is telling me snow ingestion.  It took all of the nikisil off one cylinder and scored it, also one piston is toast.  I was only riding in about 2 1/2 - 3 feet of powder, so i'm not too sure there right.  They tried blaming it on my D&D power breather.  They are telling me warranty obvisously won't cover it and they want $1200 to fix it, so I figured it was just another excuse to dig the money pit deeper and go big bore.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I will tell you to check this out further because Cat has changed the piston design for "02". They had some piston breakage in the "01" eng's. They beefed up the skirts and offset the piston pin. You better tell them you want to see the parts and if the piston skirts are broken off you better get on the phone to Arctic.

Auggie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They told me my warranty is no good with the parts that are on it(RK TEK head, BM twin pipes,BM HT clutch kit, V-Force, D&D Power Breather,and 25/38 gears).  I know about the piston change I originally brought the sled in for the pullcord getting stuck out and to check the crank phase.  When they checked the crank they discovered the damage.  Thanks for the help

·
Registered
394 Posts
Talk with Livingston's in Hillsborough, NH 1-603-464-5454.  They have been playing with a 925 cc that they had earlier in the season.  Steve is the guy up there.  He works close with Hooper Racing and usually has a good setup.  If he can't help you Hooper Racing definately can give you a good setup.  I am from Haverhill and have found they are the best dealer around.  Gave me great setups for my 02 800, 98 600, 96 zrt 600.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help ArTeeCat.  I am the second owner of the sled and thats where it was originally purchased.  I thought they dealt with D&D only, but I will give them a call.  Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts