Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to track down a set of aftermarket exhaust valve heads for my 95 Storm.

I have seen them installed on this engine before, I just can't seem to find out who makes them.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
With Polaris just coming out with exhaust valves on the 2002 800 XCR I find It hard to believe that any one had them before.

Now if that old Storm was punched up to almost 900 cc then maybe what you saw were 3 cyinders from a 600?

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found them,

HTG performance has a kit that replaces the stock cylinders with their VES style heads. Kinda pricey thought.

I am probably just going to buy a new sled.

I had planned to make a hot-rod Storm with newer suspension etc as well as a set of these heads.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may have confused everyone by saying cylinder heads instead of cylinders.

My mistake, I didn't even notice until now!

Sorry!

Does anyone have any experience with the HTG setup??

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HTG Claims this kit, with their pipes and VForce Reeds is good for 195 horsepower on Pump gas!!!

Thats a pretty high number, how much does a stock 95 storm make?? about 135 or so??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You don't mention how you are planning on using this sled project. If it's just for fun and trail work, I'd say your money would be well spent on a different suspension. The engine mod's, unless you're looking at doing some grudge racing using a sleeper, probably wouldn't pay off nearly as well. I think you are on the right track though, keeping in mind what you are spending to fix this machine up, what it's worth when you are done, and what a different, newer sled with the same performance would cost. I've driven one of these early Storms with an Xtra-10 installed. Major fun and performance for what you have into it. If the sled is in otherwise good condition, I'd recommend the suspension highly. It gives the sled a whole new personality- one that won't bust your butt ... or wallet.

AL

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice Michahicks!

The suspension upgrade is already underway.

I found someone that had this suspension mod done on their machine and wanted to go back to stock.

He is willing to trade straight up.  I send him my XC-100 rear skid and he sends me the Xtra with Fox shocks.

The machine will mostly be used for trail riding, but I am going to be lightening it significantly.

I already have a carbon fibre hood for it and I am having a bunch of aluminum parts made(My dad works for Alcan Aluminum).

It should end up being a fairly quick machine when I am done.

I know the Storm is not quite as powerful as a MachZ/T-Cat/ZRT and is even slower than some big twins but I think this engine choice should make up for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts