Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock '01 800 with factory twin pipes and I need to know what the operating rpm of these pipes are?
Also any suggestions on jetting and clutching at 1000' above sea level.
Any help would be appreciated thanks

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
doo sold 800 twins with factory twin pipes? ??? now the doo race shop twins run in the 83-8400 rpm range.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The mpem has a rev limiter built into it so you can't spin it that high anyways.I know the race ones alow for higher rpm but i don't know if a dealer could get one for you ???

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The REV limiter is up about 8800 RPM, but the timing falls WAY off at about 8100 (depends on the year)

About 8400 is what I have been told on the Warnert pipes.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
from my buddy(nick rice) that has a doo open mod 800,they load the motor at 8100 and let it wind to 83-8400 with the doo pipes I will know soon as a buddy is getting these pipes for his sled,because nick is running the rev this year the zx pipes will do him no good.I will say this with the doo 800 they made 176 hp.he said they told him the rev pipes will make 180hp on that motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info dooman and everyone else.
Hey dooman maybe you could let me know how your buddy sets his up because i really am lost .
We havent had any snow here in MN yet so I haven't been able to do any testing.

I'M going to start out with stock gearing, stock clutching and 530's for mains.
The '01 800 motor is stock except for the twin pipes and k&n filters. I know i'm going to have to adjust my clutching but i'm not quite sure what to start with. :withstupid:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts