Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, *waves* How you all doin? A question if you will? I was at my local dealers store last night and bought a black Rev 800X . He offered to install a set of reed blocks from the 800 H.O. he said he had a few sets. He makes no performance claims as he hasn't tested them..The cost is about the same as V- force reeds would be. I'm also thinking of the Carbon Tech reeds. What do you guys think of this? I'm new to Ski-doo, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont think I would do it.

There are a few reasons why but I think the number one reason is that the dealer himself doesnt know what it will do for your sled. And since there the same price as V force I would go that direction becasue they have accually tested and have performance gains.

I also think that there is more to the 800HO then just reeds so maybe just adding the reeds will cost you perfromance and possibly reliablity..

Good Luck.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congrats on the Black 800X, I have the same one!

I think we will have our hands-full getting used to the new ride anyway :)

This is my first SD too, and I want to see how doos are stock b4 I start playing

and there are proven reed solutions available for the 800, after all its not a new motor

so far I am very impressed with the fit/finish of the sled and the thoughtfulness of the design-

what are your impressions now that you have it?

best of luck with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts