Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I am interested in some info on the new 800 HO.  Anyone seen how they are running at any grass drags compared to Polaris and Cat 800's stock for stock.  Were they in the REV or in the ZX chassis?  Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
328 Posts
they are only in summits.  I believe the 800 h.o. won the 800 class at haydays.  the skidoo website has results under the  X-team portion..

·
Registered
364 Posts
800 HO are not just in the summits. I'm not sure where you got that but they are in the renegade (model) adrenaline, sport model, summit and  REV.

·
Registered
171 Posts
sorry mustardman but the 800 HO engine is ONLY available in the Summit.  the 800 SDI is available in the Legend and Grand Touring and all other 800's get the regular Series 3 engine.  I would encourage you to speak to someone at Doo and you will see what I am saying.  think snow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I will put my sled on it.   The 800 HO is NOT ONLY in the summit. I was just at the dealer yesterday and they had a
MXZ 800HO renegade and a REV BOTH 800 HO. I also went to another dealer last weekend and they had two 800 HO revolutions. So summit is NOT THE ONLY MODEL with the 800 HO. Sorry.    I will take a pic with tthe dig cam and post them if I have to

·
Registered
310 Posts
why the #### didnt ski-doo offer that??  they say NOTHING about it on their website.  and i heard that the HO is better for high altitude riding anyways.

·
Registered
364 Posts
HUMMM!! I have to appologize. I just called them and the lady sid only int he HIGHMARK summit.  I was just there yesterday and the REV had 800 HO right on the sides of it.  

I'm not sure what the deal is

·
Registered
387 Posts
then you woke up-

that explains it - I was dreaming about the 800 being either an SDI or HO too ,but not this time, they had to save something to get me to buy new again next year ! bastards! ;0)

·
Registered
171 Posts
apology accepted.  We all make mistakes from time to time, especially for something as desirable as that.  Let's hope they put the HO or SDI (even better) in the REV next year.  cheers

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The 800 HO isn't in the renagades or mxz do to it's compression and ignition timing being so hot. It works at higher elevbations but not lower ones do to detonation.
caleb

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sled Dog, that's what all the dealers were told by
ski-doo. Personally, I don't believe it. The HO is supposed
to have a 13:1 compression head and they say thats
too much for flatlanders. Funny, but thats exactly
the RK Tek head I ran all last year. I'll bet my ....
(better not) that they will have an 800 HO in a REV
for next year. Its all marketing. Build up the hype.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thats what the regional Doo manager said to my dealer too. That it would burn up in the low altitude or I would have to run AV gas
.I was going to order the 03 summit 800HO because I could NOT get a HO for my 03 800 renegade.
I also would of liked the ZX-X racing chassis, only in the summits.
but for some reason you can get the 600HO in the renegade with the TRA3 clutch. Seems like they are holding back again to make me get another one next year

1 - 17 of 17 Posts