Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 renegade 800. I was having problems with the track ratcheting,  and I was out of adjsutment to tighten it up so I tried a different track. It was fine for a while and then the same thing happened and I was out of adjustment. I got extroverts put on and that worked for a while but it is starting to do the same thing again. Does anyone else find they are having problems with the tracks stretching. That is 2 tracks that are ruined now. I don't know what else to do. Also three times in the last 600 kms my sled started to only get 7000 rpms.  The last 2 times I shut it down and checked it over and everything was fine after I restarted. The last time I tried that and it didn't work. Has anyone had this happen? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I got 1200km on my Gade 800 and dont seem to have that problem just the afterburn problem in the exhuast. I ride with two other Gades and also everything is fine. Just got remapping update today for fuel consumption witch is my only complaint.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
I've never heard of the track adjustment problem before. Are you sure that the adjusters are right? HArd to believe that it ratchets even with the extroverts. What about your dealer? It's still under warranty, no? I'm not real familiar with the Renegade. Does it have DPM on it? If so, the hoses to it can become real soft with heat from the engine and then they start to leak which creates a rich condition and could cause the RPM loss. Then when it cools, the hoses re-seal and you're running strong again.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I have just under 2000 kliks on my gade and as Crazyb said no problems with the track at all. Got my sled remapped today and set the oil pump to 30mm. She aint runnin dirty at thirty,lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts