Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of pictures of the 800 Revolt here. Anyone know what these are selling for? I can't seem to find prices or many other specs on this sled....
Anyway, I thought it was a pretty gnarly looking sled. :D

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
that one picture with the two sleds has three nice looking things in it. :devil:

·
Registered
745 Posts
There's an article in the September 2002 issue of Snowtech.
They say that the company does not have the capital to proceed to be the 6th snowmobile manufacture. There is a an article in the Oct/Nov.2000 issue of snowtech. They have been trying for years to get this sled out to the public(1999). The company actually is known for making Baja race vehicles.
check them out at www.redlinesnowmobiles.com

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
448 Posts
They are planning on having 1 sled at each of their dealers this Winter, for demo rides. Then take Spring orders. There is a huge article on the paid side of AmSno.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It could have changed by now but I heard they were going to be about $11,000. That was a year or two ago. Not cheap but considerably less than a blade, if that price is right.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I along with several others grilled the rep from redline at the Novi show friday night. We were blazing the crap out of him but stood his stance that dealers are gettign them soon as they are in PRODUCTION! But no consumers till next year. I'll buy one with out hesitation i think. It's beautiful in person as in pictures I think. Only concern s the lights.
Caleb

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The Redline is quoted by "Redline "to have 135hp

Remember there is NO power valves neither ??? :blahblah:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
they had a couple at the supertrax show a few years ago,i really liked the snowcross one(sx702 i think)looked a lot better than the trail one,you couldnt sit on the trail one,but you could sit on the snowcross one,couldnt believe how much travel there was on the rear suspension,if they ever start selling them to consumers they would worth a good look at :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have something for all of you to ponder, something that Sled Dogg and I also discussed over the weekend at the Novi show.

Consider the Blade. It uses proven components from Polaris such as the tank, handlebars, switchgears, headlamp, tail lamp, engines, carbs and hundreds of other miscellaneous nuts, bolts, washers, shims, grommets, etc. that Polaris manufactures by the thousands every year. Look at their rear suspension; the M-10 has long since paid for its tooling and al development costs required. So, the bodywork, chassis and front suspension are the more major components that Blade has to build in limited quantities and their resulting price is 15-16000 USD.

Now look at the Redline vehicles. Custom everything. It has the custom chassis, bodywork and front suspension that the Blade has PLUS a custom engine, gauges, clutching, rear suspension, brakes, switchgears, seat, tail lamp and no supplier for countless special shims/washers/bolts/spacers/etc. like Blade has. Can you imagine the development cost required to develop that engine alone? Come on........11,000 USD is a farce.

IF this vehicle ever makes it to production, you can bet your a$$ on a 20,000 USD price tag, without any question at all. You have to be realistic here and unfortunately for Redline, reality is not going to be kind.

-Rob

·
Registered
918 Posts
LabradorBoy has a great point as usual. Just look at that pipe! If a regular pipe cost 400 with all the bends in that one its gotta cost 800!
Ryan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hold on here. Think about what you are saying. Who is the one whose cost is off? If Blade has all of these "proven" components, why are their sleds so expensive??

Could be that Blades prices are the ones that are inflated, not Redlines.

I have no information to back any of this up, I was just thinking it could be possible.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by mcali17@Nov 4 2002, 11:58 PM
Hold on here. Think about what you are saying. Who is the one whose cost is off? If Blade has all of these "proven" components, why are their sleds so expensive??

Could be that Blades prices are the ones that are inflated, not Redlines.

I have no information to back any of this up, I was just thinking it could be possible.

Just my $0.02.
Blade's costs are perfectly in line with the resources and production numbers they have.

OEM manufacturers can save on parts due to the huge volumes they purchase; manufacturing 50,000 snowmobiles per year allows you to offer a vehicle at a much reduced price. For example, let's say the casting molds for the new RX-1 front suspension spindle costs $20000. If Yamaha built only 200 RX-1's, each RX-1 would have a sticker price of 200 dollars extra to pay for the tooling. That doesn't even include the cost of the actual part!

However, if they make 20000 RX-1's, they need only add one dollar to the sticker price of each sled, which is far less noticable.

When you do not have the sales volume to distribute the cost of the tooling required to make your parts, your sticker price goes up in a hurry.

Unless Redline is in this business to lose money, that 11-12000 USD sticker price is a fantasy. If they've already pissed off potential buyers with false ready dates, telling them that their sled is going to be MUCH more expensive will be a really hard pill to swallow.

-Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts