Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wifes 02 800 feels like you`ve got the brakes on when you let go of the gas.i put an extra set of idlers in the front of the rails but it doesnt seem to help. does anyone else have a zx chassis that rolls hard? or does anyone have an idea what i can do......thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Did you have good lubrication (snow) for the sliders?
That's usually the first thing that binds them
up.

How about the track - too tight?

Check the chain tension.

Hoist it up - take the belt off and turn the track.
Can you hear anything binding?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
That's phenomenal backshift!

·
Registered
978 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your sled, it's all in the clutching it just likes to back shift when you let off the gas. I have a 800 renegade and it is the same way. It take a little while to get use to it, but it's great for trail riding.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 700 highmark does the same thing. All most sent me over the windsheild the first couple of times. the back shift is something else! It's nice having the power for boondocking or deep powder. Give it some time you will get use to it.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Mine is the same thing when you let off the gas after being wide open the nose just sinks while its slowing down.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I thought all secondaries were adjustable...you just put the spring in a different hole on the helix and on the clutch...right?  

·
Registered
268 Posts
I find the dual runner skis have noticably more drag on certain surfaces until the carbides wear in. A few involuntary runs down bare roads made a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts