Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you put your 800 totaly stock yet?I think you're racing someone elses sled?She shure gonna feel dull LOL...

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yep. All back to stock as far as the engine/ clutching goes. I even have the stock silencer on it.

I bought a 95 Mach to do my racing on, and just wanted a reliable trail package when I needed it.

I will probably throw some 297 ramps in it and mess with the helix and call it good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey mxz800, do you lkie the 296's better than the 286's just wondering, I like to have the good ol'back yards drags but also like the "point and shoot" method in the twisty trails. I am looking to get a set of thunder shift arms and do a little testing, I have an avenger III on the way with the 2nd rpm feature, and program for down loadiung to see the clutch performance, and combo Idea's would be appreciated, thanks 2001rotax800

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has anyone tried 295's yet?.They are just slightly taller than a 297 with a little more height in the tip.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I won't have a chance to tinker with it till winter, but a ramp like the 297 will allow the motor to get to RPM quick. The 300 ramps seem to load the motor low and keep a long upshift.

I am going to run a 4 Post Comet on the Mach, but I might just try it on the 800 for giggles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts