Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. for my college project in my mecanical engineering class, i want to install a 800 triple motor from a mach z probably modified, and drop it in the body of a firefly automobile. Since I have all the equipement to machine all the parts that I will need, I think I can make this work. Just imagine, the sound coming out of that car. I wonder if it would be legal?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
It would be only legal at race tracks or on contry roads where cops arent around.

I was at a drag race and some guy had a honda civic with a mercury 3.1L outboard motor (2 stoke) in the cars.  Man it was fast and what a burn out.

Good luck with the problem.  Only thing that i can see not working is the clutching.  Firefly might and probably will be to heavy for a belt CVT.  Probably have to get the engine attached to the tranny.  Hopfully its 5 speed.

On another note.  Those fireflys can scream.  Get somone to remove the revlimiter and do 12000rpm clutch dumps.  It only lasts a few times but it really goes.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would an austin mini chassis be better? One of my friends has one, and let me say that that car does not weigh more than 800 pounds, if you take out all the junk. Machzzzzz1, about that transmission thing, it's all about trail and error. Don't forget that I can design and machine the parts that I need
 I just wonder how fast this monster is going to doo in a 1/4 mille
thats if the tires don't burn out in the first 1o feet  
 Feel free to give me youre thoughts on the project guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts