Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 81 cutlass ss 440 I am having problems with the carburetor. When you first start the engine, it runs fairly well. It accelerates well from idle to full throttle but when it warms up it bogs down and gags. At full speed it runs well and it idles fair but mid range it does'nt run. When I took the air box off it had gas in it so I changed the float valve thinking that it wasn't shutting the gas off. That didn't work. I have replaced both jets, ajusted the needle, and cleaned everything. Everything is ajusted to the right altitude specs.  I have checked the floats and they aren't sticking. I also made sure the float tangs aren't bent. If anybody could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
check your crank seals start the engine warm it up till it starts belching then take some starting fluid and spray it around the cluch side of the engine if the engine changes rpms you have bad crank seals they may be sealing when the engine is cool but when they warm up they lose thats seal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corvette 77,

Thanks for the advice. I think I might have fixed it I ajusted the float tangs again (pushed them down)and it seems to be running good. I'm going to try it out today. After I check the seals.
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts