Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get both of them from my dads neighbor and old best friends dad for $700 each as of last Febuary. I'll offer less and i'm sure he'll take it. It would be a great back up as they are both in great shape and low miles. With the SRV being 40lbs lighter would it be the best buy?
Caleb

·
Registered
113 Posts
Caleb,

I would go with the SRV. Just keep in mind it get LOUSY fuel economy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would also pick the SRV. I have an '81 SRX 440 (same body as the Vmax) and a '85 SRV and the SRV just feels better. The Vmax is also a cold ride with the low windshield. The SRV does get really low gas milage though, I've heard numbers as low as 8 mpg.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
SRV :D :D

I had two 86 SRV and 84 SRV

Extremely good off trail and on trail for those years,the rear end was better then my 91 Indy 500 that I bought after sell the SRV

AS for gas mileage mine was great

My SRV would always use less gas then the FIIIs,583 Doos,580 Cats and ZRTs that my friends had,and was slightly better on gas then my Indy 500 :p

The big problem was NOT MPG but rather a 5.8gal gas tank:cussing:

Easily got over 80miles per tank that over 13mpg :D

27,000 yes thousand on the 86 SRV 540 :D :inlove:

They are a bit cold to ride but the upside is the fan makes a great windshield defroster and finger warmer,

I have ridden in -37c weather with the SRV "la brrrrrr":D

PS you can get the XLV windshield if you want,it fits perfectly but its:withstupid:ugly but keep ya warm

GET THE SRV:D

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would get the SRV these have a better ride and do not involve as much maintenance.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My brother is thinking of getting the sleds for low snow play toys. I let hinm read all of your posts.
Caleb

·
Registered
26 Posts
V- Max 540's are only for good tuners that understand how to diagnose driveability problems, but are very fast when running right..I strongly recommend getting a hold of Jeff Simon (Simons CPR) and ask Jeff about an old RPC "dyno tune kit" includes clutching and most impotantly jetting and set-up tips..The SRV 540 fan is a strong runner too though..Very very reliable, pretty good handling, decent ride and better gas mileage than a v-max..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Caleb, I have owned both before. The vmax is a lot more fun because of the power but the srv rode better. The srv can get better mileage by jetting down 2 sizes and still be good to -20f.

800x2002

1 - 11 of 11 Posts