Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to mod the stock clutch or is a comet clutch the only way to go? I heard that this is the major downfall of these sleds. Im in the process of buying a .750" lug track and cutting the windshield and i want to do somthing for performance like clutching and was curious what ur opinions were. Also what is a good number of studs for this sled? thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a way to mod the stock clutch or is a comet clutch the only way to go?
Hi FastMX85,

My friend has a 85mx, he did played in his comet clutch. Weights grinded, and some minor mods to the engine (Intake & Exhaust polished,uni air filters)
He has a .75 track on that beast, for his weight wich is about 290lbs we can call that mx a beast... he ride @ 80-85mph on good condition !!! w00t

I'm still having a hard time with this one..lolll

We know that the guy who had the sled before did some changes in the gear ratio, but we didn't open the chaincase yet... will see this summer.

How fast can you get with your seld ?

Will have my friend to post more infos on his sled.

Read ya !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arite cool if you could have ur friend write some stuffabout his sled that would be sweet. AS far as speed on my sled i havnt had a nice smooth lake yet but on a choppy bumpy lake i got about 70mph and then it started to get scary cause of the bumps so i let it up but it was still pullin. I only weigh 160 so it goes. thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
find a tra and pm me,for details on set-up for a stock motored mx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts