Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if an extra 10 or extra 12 suspension would fit? If not any ideas??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I was wondering if an extra 10 or extra 12 suspension would fit? If not any ideas??[/b]
Of the 2, the Xtra-10 is by far the better of the 2 suspensions for horsing around/general use. Will it fit? Well that depends on what you mean by fit. If you're wondering if it's a drop in, no it's not. If you're wondering if it can be made to fit, the answer is yes. You'll have to relocate the mounting holes and reinforcements a little but a lot of people have done it. See JBshocks.com for mounting dimensions - courtesy of/thanks to Jerry Beutler.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Of the 2, the Xtra-10 is by far the better of the 2 suspensions for horsing around/general use. Will it fit? Well that depends on what you mean by fit. If you're wondering if it's a drop in, no it's not. If you're wondering if it can be made to fit, the answer is yes. You'll have to relocate the mounting holes and reinforcements a little but a lot of people have done it. See JBshocks.com for mounting dimensions - courtesy of/thanks to Jerry Beutler.[/b]
one more thing you might wnat to update the fron suspension also. maybe to an extra ten front but a least a little longer shocks to offset the big jump in hight in the rear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. This sled runs like a champ but rides like a tank. Trying to extend its' life.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Extra is a hughe improvement. You will be very pleased. Did it to my 1990 Indy 500, and love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts