Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I tell if the oiler is working on my 88 phazer. It all of a sudden started to run hot from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I have a pyrometer and it runs 1000 to 1200 degrees, but when I open up the throttle it stays around 1200. I think its to hot at 1/4 to 1/2. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't know what normal temperature is, but I know that I don't run my sled hard, and 1200 degree exhaust paint will still burn off the muffler. Even the 1500 degree paint only lasts about half the season..... So I would say that my sled's running pretty hot. 2 strokes are build to burn real hot..... but like I said, I honestly can't tell you what is a good proper temp.
If I were you, I'd do 2 things. First, run the sled at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for a short distance, then hit the kill switch without letting off the throttle. when the engine stops. check to see what color your plugs are.
Then, if plug color is good. Put a piece of tape on your oil tank so you know what level the oil was at to start. Add a bit of oil to your gas (to be safe) and go for a gentle ride running from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Then, check to see if your oil level has dropped at all after your ride. That'll let you know if it's pumping through ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If its anything like my exciter was, the "oiler" if you could call it that injected oil in the gas line before it hit the carbs. Mine was always air bound i got rid of it. Just pre mixed Amsoil interceptor 50-1 never had a problem. Thats what i did anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If its anything like my exciter was, the "oiler" if you could call it that injected oil in the gas line before it hit the carbs. Mine was always air bound i got rid of it. Just pre mixed Amsoil interceptor 50-1 never had a problem. Thats what i did anyway.[/b]
My exciter was the same air bound also just got rid of it and premix gas better safe than sorry!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts