Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hello all I am new to this site and have a issue, see i own a 89 jag 440 afs fan and ride with all bigger sleds f6 up to rx1s and jast get left behind all the time . I have access to buy a 91 cheeta 500 f/c motor but the crank is cracked would the jugs and the rest of the upper end of the motor fit on the 440 lower end some one told me that it would fit and it would run the dule carbs and the cheeta exaust... if any one has any info on if this frankenstien motor it would be great.. I just dont want to drive 3 hours up and back to get the motor if it will not work..

Thanks alot..
Ron

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I do not think so

might aswell sell and upgrade

·
10,054 Posts
to be honest,, the 500 fan isnt going to keep up with the bigger boys a lot better,,,, if your on a budget, I understand, but as freeze said,,, probably better to upgrade to another model,,, I can see many problems coming from the project.

·
10,054 Posts
turning a fan into a liquid would be quite the task,,, your gonna run heat exchangers through the tunnel and all,,, it can be done, but with what you would have in it, you would end up cheaper just to get a liquid cooled sled from that era,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts