Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 sprint that has the front spring that is broken. A "Suspension Roller Spring" Polaris P/N 7041176

Shouldn't I be able to find a spring that would work most anywhere? Polaris wants $50 for this exact spring. That is ridiculous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a newer suspension that would fit this sled?

Thanks folks,

Jason

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Got any snowmobile wrecking yards in your area? Otherwise if you're patient and not afraid of ebay that's the cheapest way to get little parts like that...eventually. Some parts take longer to come around than others. If you just can't wait I don't know any other way except order the Polaris part and bite the bullet. I have not been able to find new aftermarket springs.

A used one might be pretty hard to find now that I look. Seems this one was only used in 86-92 Star, Lite, Starlite, Startrak, and Sprint models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been to a few yards. These suspensions were garbage. I've seen several of these types where the spring breaks then hangs up on the runner, slowly wearing away, cutting in to the rail. I figured springs were springs as long as I could get one to fit.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts