Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I want some advice. I bought a new 1.25 lug shotgun track , and having problems putting the front bolts in the suspension. These of course are the first to put in before the back ones? Also should I go down 2 teeth from a 24/39 to a 22/39 ? I want some good wholeshot to about 90 mph.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Use rachet straps to pull the the front suspension which way you need to get it to line up. Also helps if you have a friend positioning the rear of the sled to get it to line up. I do the same for the back holes.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Hello everybody, I want some advice. I bought a new 1.25 lug shotgun track , and having problems putting the front bolts in the suspension. These of course are the first to put in before the back ones? Also should I go down 2 teeth from a 24/39 to a 22/39 ? I want some good wholeshot to about 90 mph.[/b]
Yes front bolts first. Why won't the bolts go in?

Gearing is a matter of preference but 20/39 will make your top speed 93MPH (if you have 9 tooth drivers and 2.52 standard-pitch track) and give you the most torque and get you there the fastest, if you have enough traction. 22/39 will get you to 102 mph if your engine has the power to reach that speed. Getting your skis to lift by properly setting up your rear skid will help with the traction, and also shifting your weight back as you take off. If you typically ride on snow that gives you good traction I would personally choose the lowest possible gearing to get you to whatever your desired top speed is. If you are geared for 110mph but never go over 90, your clutches never fully shift out and you are just wasting efficiency. If you know you are never going over 93, I would gear 20/39. 21/39 will give you 98mph if your engine has enough power. Then test test test and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice Beaxch and Thunder Cat 900, I am going to finest it today no mater what it takes. I have up for 21/39 gearing and will test it. Then I could start the 90 ext work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts