Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 900 Fusion guru to give me a little help.....I just got the EPI clutch kit and going to get the Timbersled airbox and a Dynoport big volume can that is all I'm going to do this summer. I'm thinking that should be enough.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Would all of those items not have detail specifics for there installation?

Wonder how the can works with the EFI system?

Sounds like some great upgrades, should make for a real screamer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would all of those items not have detail specifics for there installation?

Wonder how the can works with the EFI system?

Sounds like some great upgrades, should make for a real screamer :thumbsup:[/b]
Installing them is not a problem.....I'm just kind of looking for direction :unsure: I want a great trail sled! The sled is a screamer now but, The mod I'm making are more of a need to...The airbox is a heat problem and the belt guard. So if the belt were to break it wound just destroy the plastic airbox. The clutch from the factory is not very good at all. The can is for weight reduction and free up some room under the hood. There are not of lot of people that have these sleds, so I'm just looking for a little direction for a corner to corner sled. Not a drag sled! All I ever heard was how bad these were and this one is just incredible! I would put it up against any other sled as an all a round sled. :wink: Needless to say I'am very happy with it, just want to make it a little better.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Installing them is not a problem.....I'm just kind of looking for direction :unsure: I want a great trail sled! The sled is a screamer now but, The mod I'm making are more of a need to...The airbox is a heat problem and the belt guard. So if the belt were to break it wound just destroy the plastic airbox. The clutch from the factory is not very good at all. The can is for weight reduction and free up some room under the hood. There are not of lot of people that have these sleds, so I'm just looking for a little direction for a corner to corner sled. Not a drag sled! All I ever heard was how bad these were and this one is just incredible! I would put it up against any other sled as an all a round sled. :wink: Needless to say I'am very happy with it, just want to make it a little better.[/b]
Not since 2006 has there been a problem with the Fusion, beyond the vibration that exists in the 900. Buying a 2005 in 2006 or later meant the updates were done, and again, no problems. I love the darn things :D

Never heard of the airbox creating a heat problem... all it does is take in air and warm air burns easier from my experience. As for the belt breaking and destroying the airbox, I've never heard of that happening yet. Yes, the airbox doubles as a belt deflector, but I've never heard of it breaking. Then again, I've never heard of a belt breaking on the 900 either, it simply tears the teeth away and you have to replace the belt because it feels even rougher than normal. I had my belt "blow" and it never had a clean break, drove over 40 miles on it, then realized why it was riding rough. 2 inches of teeth were missing, and in two other places you can see where the same problem was trying to happen. I did have somewhere around 1,765 miles on it (I don't remember; I know I posted the actual mileage somewhere else on this forum).

Anyway, what kind of guidance were you looking for in terms of installation? The main thing is you manage to fabricate (if you're going that route) something that will work and fit the way you want. In terms of affecting the computer system (different air flow) you're going to need to talk to a mechanic in person anyway :crazy:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not since 2006 has there been a problem with the Fusion, beyond the vibration that exists in the 900. Buying a 2005 in 2006 or later meant the updates were done, and again, no problems. I love the darn things :D

Never heard of the airbox creating a heat problem... all it does is take in air and warm air burns easier from my experience. As for the belt breaking and destroying the airbox, I've never heard of that happening yet. Yes, the airbox doubles as a belt deflector, but I've never heard of it breaking. Then again, I've never heard of a belt breaking on the 900 either, it simply tears the teeth away and you have to replace the belt because it feels even rougher than normal. I had my belt "blow" and it never had a clean break, drove over 40 miles on it, then realized why it was riding rough. 2 inches of teeth were missing, and in two other places you can see where the same problem was trying to happen. I did have somewhere around 1,765 miles on it (I don't remember; I know I posted the actual mileage somewhere else on this forum).

Anyway, what kind of guidance were you looking for in terms of installation? The main thing is you manage to fabricate (if you're going that route) something that will work and fit the way you want. In terms of affecting the computer system (different air flow) you're going to need to talk to a mechanic in person anyway :crazy:[/b]
I must not be making myself clear :crazy: I have no problem with putting the parts on !!! I'am a prototype build technician, so I build and fabricate parts for a living. What I want is someone who deals with these sleds to give me a little direction in how to improve the sleds performance.
As far as the airbox goes I saw one where the belt broke and it destroyed everything! I don't know how the air is where you are :unsure: But here the colder the air the better.....the colder the air is the more you can get in the cylinder so the more power you make. The clutch is way to Conservative from the factory, and all I want to do is get it to the ground. The mods I want to make have no effect on the fuel mapping.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I must not be making myself clear :crazy: I have no problem with putting the parts on !!! I'am a prototype build technician, so I build and fabricate parts for a living. What I want is someone who deals with these sleds to give me a little direction in how to improve the sleds performance.
As far as the airbox goes I saw one where the belt broke and it destroyed everything! I don't know how the air is where you are :unsure: But here the colder the air the better.....the colder the air is the more you can get in the cylinder so the more power you make. The clutch is way to Conservative from the factory, and all I want to do is get it to the ground. The mods I want to make have no effect on the fuel mapping.[/b]
Ah! LOL. Very well then, I feel dumb. :blush:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
That's pretty cruel there snofrog. I like it.....

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
o come on mike the turbo just to much for ya ha. i tell ya, you guy with your big engine thing your so cool and can go so fast but your afraid of a turbo. if you buy me one i would gladly put it in :D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o come on mike the turbo just to much for ya ha. i tell ya, you guy with your big engine thing your so cool and can go so fast but your afraid of a turbo. if you buy me one i would gladly put it in :D[/b]
I was in the race with both of you guys and if I remember right I think you both need at least one turbo...maybe 101mm Garrett and you could keep up?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you are right lol in that little field you were first to the end .now how about something a little longer ,say Paradise to ...O..... Grand Marais ,on a Saturday night lol CU at the brewing co last one buys :p[/b]
Bring your wallet and prepare to be very quiet :wink: Mr. Rum & Coke w00t And your little buddy from Minnesota is welcome too !!! Is he even old enough to get in after 5pm? :lmao:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o come on mike the turbo just to much for ya ha. i tell ya, you guy with your big engine thing your so cool and can go so fast but your afraid of a turbo. if you buy me one i would gladly put it in :D[/b]
Beleive there is no snowmobile on this planet that I'm affraid of !!! If you want to buy me a sled you can buy me the Nitro burning supercharged 750 horsepower sled out of British Colombia :whistling: There selling them for a cool $100,000 so start saving you pennies Freddy :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts