Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
900ZR came in today , needless to say it was set-up and in the showroom immediatley.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
They were broadcasting the drag races in Foston MN this weekend and they said the 900 got spanked by a Polaris.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Talked to my dealer he rode the 900 this weekend and said that is is really quick and feels a lot lighter than the 800. He said it would really go if it was able to hook up but just spinns at all speeds. Wild I think he said was the best word to describe it.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Toydoc, is that without studs and any clutch work?  If it is studded, then that is crap!  If it's not studded, that I can see it only getting 85mph.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes it was studed, don't know about clutch work.
The mph is about right, it was 50 deg out.
You ran at the radar and it looked like it did'nt pick you up after 600', you could see your top mph from the sled and you did'nt hit the end of the strip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the new 900 but I hope they come out with the all new ZR700 in the sno-pro body thats more what I am looking for, Maybee they could throw on some factory twin pipes, Its been a long time since any company has had the guts to do that!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I hear romor there is an F-% cat coming out for 2003 and an F-7 cat coming out. The F-7 has about 140hp. The F-5 around 104hp. They will be named the firecat? They will 13.5x128x1" tracks. They will also have digital/analog gauges. A flip of the switch and they switch from analog to digital. This is what I hear. Kevin

·
Registered
83 Posts
ZR 900 , Big deal, Cat is limiting themselves only to twins, Don't get me wrong  twins are fine (i've got a ZR-800) but I still prefer My T-cat for these trails in northern Maine, I've had cats for years and Arctic Cat has always had the Bigest and Badest seld from the Wildcats,900cc and 1000cc thundercats. Now it looks like the Cat guys will be looking at the tail lights of Yamaha's RX1, Arctic Cat Thinks that every cat rider wants to play Tucker and wants twins and light weight this and that, well I have to say when your traveling 80 to 100mph theres noting thats as stable as the big triple,
Arctic cat does'nt need a 900 twin they already have a big twin, how much bigger do you need a twin?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts