Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with Switches found in throttle body of carbs.
One reads Infinate when open and 120K to 240K when closed.
The other reads 2Ohms to 26K when closed (Inconsistant readings) What should they be? And exactly what do these switches do? The Idle jumps to 2500 RPM after acceleration and stays there. If I disconnect these switches for a second and reconnect the idle will drop to a normal 1500.
I also have severe dogging while accelerating from 1500RPMs.
Ive tried moving the pins in the throttle body but to no avail.
what exactly do these switches do? Advance the timing when accelerating?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind but thanks for looking!
I took care of the problem. It seems that whatever the resistance might be its good enough. They are in a series circuit and they measure about 240K Closed.
I guess it doesn't really care as long as it sees something with Throttle Piston at BDC. The connectors were Broke off one of the switches inside the seal. I soldered them back on and gave it a try. Problems solved.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The switches are for the TORS system, Yamaha's Throttle OverRide System.

The TORS system consists of a miroswitch at the throttle lever and a switch at each carbureter. If the switches are not in the correct position, the ground to the CDI unit will break and the engine will turn off

To test the handlebar switch.
Connect ohmmeter to the black/yellow and black terminals on the handlebar switch connector.
The meter should read 0 ohms when the throttle lever is operated.
The meter should read infinity when the throttle lever is at rest.

To test the carb switches.
Connect ohmmeter to the black/yellow and black terminals on the carb switch connector.
The meter should read 0 ohms when the throttle lever is operated.
The meter should read infinity when the throttle lever is at rest.

Also a lot of people have disconnected the TORS system. Just unhook the wires from the carb switches and connect them together. Thereby eliminating the carb switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts