Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a problem with the hood on my sled. there is a part on the inside that (was) either glued or plastic welded or something, the piece that i am talking about has to do with the cooking, it is the plastic shroud piece. well that is coming off the fiberglass good and i've tried epoxing it on, but that didn't hold, any suggestions on what to use to keep that on the inside of the hood.

see ya on the trail

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pop a couple rivits in it. Get some black ones.

newf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't want to be putting any holes through the hood, even though i have a new f7 sno pro sitting next to this old thang, it is in very good shape, and it is kinda of my hobby to fix it up, the hood is in very good shape minus this shrouding coming loose from it, any other ideas people??? thanks in advance

see ya on the trail

·
Registered
959 Posts
could you get a pic of it? so we have a little better idea what your dealing with? i would either file it off a little and rough up the hood and piece and glue or i would rivit it on but if you dont want to make holes then try to rile it or heat it up and bend it back

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i guess it's hard to explain, let me try again, the hood is fiberglass, the old style of hood. this shroud piece is abs plastic that uses the hood vents, redirects the air over the intake fan of the motor, it's a 440 air cooled, this shroud is coming off the hood, it looks like it was once glued or plastic welded or something, it's black whatever the stuff is, but i can't seem to find anything to glue that back on the good.

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are plastic or composite pop rivets.. my uncle used them to repair a crack in hood and it works .. could not see the cracks or the pop rivets.. I am sure it is hard to find those kind of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts