Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this sled in november it needed a stator i was told.. so i changed that still no go. i then got a cdi unit ..(the privious owner had already replaced coil,wires,caps and plugs) after i installed the cdi unit and still no go i decided to take the coil from my 95 ENTICER 2 i tryed the 570 coil on the 410 and it wouldnt start so went back to the 570 and gave it quite a few pulls (God knows when it was last running) its now mid febuary and this is the 1st time ive heard it run so i let it run there with the help of the throthle till it smooths out a bit i then jump on and dont get 500 feet and it shuts down i tow it back and i noticed a ful line off from the tank (the one for checking the fuel) i put that back on get it runnin again just long enuf to get it behind the house i put it up on a block to run it a little without going anywhere and it shuts off again so i drain the full tank of gas out thinking that this my problem the gas didnt have much smell to it ..i fill it up with fresh fuel and i pulled it and pulled it for hours and hours and it has yet to start again my hands are so sore from pulling that i was within seconds of sending this sled to its firey grave :cussing: ....as night fell with me still pulling i pulled the plugs(for the 500th time) to get a good look at the spark and it just dosent seem right to me its like one pull its great the other may not have any????or very little ...i wanted know if anyone has any suggestions ????? has anyone had to replace the pick up pluse coil???? could this be my problem its very very frustating :bash: ...i asked a simalr question back in decmber i was serching the fourm again today and i see nobody ever replied ....someone in the world must have some direction or suggetions?????????????? :crazy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that sometimes when a flywheel key shears it can do this....[/b]
well thankx for the reply friend its great to see that somone actully replied like i said i did replace the stator back in decmember maybe somthing didnt sit right in there my next move is to haul the side off again check the flywheel and stator asembley it seems to be sparking ok but the timing seems to be off or somthing ...does anyone know if a differnt year stator can can have differnt mapping or cuz timing problems thers is no adjusment on the stator for timiming if i remeber corectly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts