Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 975 crank shop big bore for my mach z, ive heard and seen the 925 version and nobody has said anything bad about them from a reliability or heating stand point,just wondering how the 975 kit (with mach 670 pistons) hold up?? Will get veery little trail use,just radar and grudge racing>

Z

·
0 Posts
The 809 Big Bore,   is an OK way to go.  Although I wouldn't use one.   If you were serious about wanting one,  I would talk to Chuck Walter in Lewiston Michigan about his 925 Kit.  I would use Chuck's 925 Motor with Crankshop Pipes.   The one I worked Clutching last year,  ran away from several larger cc big bore kits.   The quality and reliability you get from Chuck's Big Bore Kit is amazing to say the least.  They seem to be as reliable as a stock motor.    

At least this is my opinion.

ZMachMan

Z

·
0 Posts
One more thing,  if you really want to fly,  Talk to Chuck about his 1050 Stroker motor.   (925 with a Stroked Crank)

If you want to call Chuck,  PM me and I will PM his Phone number to you.  

ZMachMan

·
Registered
316 Posts
ZMan,  Does Chuck have a business? What does he charge to do the entire kit? Can you use stock pipes or is it a "must" to run aftermarket pipes? I need a new set up for Stock class (especially at Capac) at the drags, maybe this kit (and MXZ 700 stickers) is the way to go? I want to get wild and crazy if the price is right. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Chuck works at and maybe owns Twin Lake marina in Lewiston,MI. Tim is tuner and they work together. My stuff is going to them both. They're great in that they don't mind getting beat by there own handy work LOl Tim,the Spud King cometh!!!
Caleb

Z

·
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fast Mach Z @ Sep. 09, 2002, 10:44pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ZMan,  Does Chuck have a business? What does he charge to do the entire kit? Can you use stock pipes or is it a "must" to run aftermarket pipes? I need a new set up for Stock class (especially at Capac) at the drags, maybe this kit (and MXZ 700 stickers) is the way to go? I want to get wild and crazy if the price is right. Thanks for the info.[/b][/quote]
Fast Mach Z,

Give Chuck Walter a call at 989-786-2711.    Chuck Owns Twin Lakes Marina,  in Lewiston Michigan.   He probably one of the best motor builders in the Country.   If you want a very fast, a very reliable and a very trailable Race Rocket,  then you need to talk to Chuck about building your motor.  

I have nearly 4000 miles  on one of my motors Chuck Built and it has performed flawlessly.   A word of Advice if I may,  You better get on the list for one of Chucks Motors now, or you could be waiting a long time.....   The closer winter gets here,  the longer the wait time is.

Tell him Tim ask you to call.

ZMachMan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts