Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 93 Exciter SX with 6000 miles on it.  The sled seems in good shape but needs a few things.  My first question is,- In its day was this a respectable sled ?  What are the major weak trend items for this sled?  Does anyone make cowls for this anymore?( the front is cracked)  What was the stock HP ?

Thanks!
Hov.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i posted a similer question for a friend, group consensus was 91-93 HP, a decent sled.  As far as my buddies sled, it always starts and runs, never let him down.  its snappy, partly due to the flat side carbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned one for three seasons, I thought it was great, lots of power, solid feel, very stable, comfortable seat. Weak points, steered like a truck, poor brake, cross shafts in the prolink suspension were good for about 1500 miles till they showed heavy wear. The steering linkage was always sloppy even shortly after replacing everything for a total of about $300. A Comet primary (108 exp) and Comet rear shock made a big difference. I got 14-16 mpg after installing the Comet and dropping the needles a notch. Ultimately the big end  bearing of the PTO connecting rod let go on mine at 8800 miles. The bearing saddles of the crankcase were also worn so I parted it out and bought a SXR6 that now has 9235 miles on it and still seems like new. Good luck with the old Exciter it is a great sled that would probably spank my SXR. dt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts