Snowmobile World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 583 that I'm just about at my witts end with. I bought the sled with the top end needing rebuilding. Did new pistons and rings along with top end seals. Started and ran it for one night about 50 kms (30 miles). Shut her down and 2 days later rstarted it up and ran fine for a few minutes and then it started running poorly and only on one cylinder. I shut it down and figured it was sucking air somewhere so we tore it apart and did the bottom end. Good thing as the bottom was done 2000kms ago and who ever did it used the wrong sealant for the botom end case. Anyway, I've put it all back together and I'm now getting spark issues. I am only getting spark about every 5-6 times it should be sparking. I pulled the plugs and turn it over and I'm getting nice blue strong spark, but not enough. It's consistently inconsistent.

I've tried a new ignition coil, tried and new CDI, tried a new stator with the spark result not changing. The gap from the flywheel to the pick-up is good as well. I tried several different gap measurements and no change. To better give you an idea of how often it sparks, if I lay the plugs on the top of the motor and give it a good pull, I might see 1, maybe 2 sparks on the spark plugs. I'm really frustrated with this machine and really need some help.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so Ispent some more time last night trying to figure out what the problem is. I don't quite understand something and maybe someone can shed some light. Trying various things I unpluged the "Trigger Coil" and I still get the same results, spark about every 8-10 I should be getting spark. How is this even possible if I have the trigger coil disconnected?

Very frustrated Mike

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have you checked your wiring a safety switches? They could be giving you the fits you describe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so Ispent some more time last night trying to figure out what the problem is. I don't quite understand something and maybe someone can shed some light. Trying various things I unpluged the "Trigger Coil" and I still get the same results, spark about every 8-10 I should be getting spark. How is this even possible if I have the trigger coil disconnected?

Very frustrated Mike
Any solution on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts