Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 wildcat 700 efi. when i go it will run perfect and fast for about 3-5 min. than it starts getting really slow and if you let off the gas you wont get going again, but it idles just fine. Than if u wait a while and start it(1st or 2nd pull) than it will run great for a little while more.
If anyone has any suggestions or knows the problem please help. the snow isnt goin to last for much longer!!!! Haha
Also i cant find an aftermarket can for it if anyone knows of any that fit the twin pipes that would be great to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 94 wildcat 700 efi. when i go it will run perfect and fast for about 3-5 min. than it starts getting really slow and if you let off the gas you wont get going again, but it idles just fine. Than if u wait a while and start it(1st or 2nd pull) than it will run great for a little while more.
If anyone has any suggestions or knows the problem please help. the snow isnt goin to last for much longer!!!! Haha
Also i cant find an aftermarket can for it if anyone knows of any that fit the twin pipes that would be great to.[/b]
Check the fuel pressure and if low change your fuel filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wildcat also check the rubber boot going into the injection rail I think I had that problem about 7 years ago with my 93 ext it had cracks in it

·
Registered
745 Posts
Your injectors may be dirty. Mine was doing the same thing but it would do it all the time and now its in the shop with a 2000$ bill I gotta go get it friday. I lent it to a friend and by the looks of things he over heated it and the nikisil in the cylindars were damadged. Also check your compression my mechanic told me these sleds need 150PSI to run properly because the EFI system is set up to pump the fuel into the motor for 150PSI mine was at 130psi and it was flooding the PTO side plug like crazy thats what started my mess. Also I have aftermarket exhaust cans on mine Im running DG Stingers but be very carful with the laws in your area I can only use mine on my own property and such because we have noise by-laws around here and these Stingers make these wildcats loud as hell. Plus it deffinatly makes you feel like your goin faster but your really not it takes. Loud cans AKA Loud slow kit.

hope this helps.

Grant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts