Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
belt on sled is what is suppose to be on it. 0627-012. The deflection is like about 3 or so inches...I can take belt off with spinning secondary. The primary spring says in factory manual that it should be a yellow/green. It has a orangeish red one on it now. Came this way.

I have a bad bog on take off til like 6k rpms and rollin like 25 mph or so and then you hit gas it pulls hard...Just bogs badly off line....

Not carbs, ive taken them off like 3 times, cleaned them double checked all jets and floats...All good....Runs great on stand..

I know that its takin off in more or less high gear......Would this 700 motor be turning more then that red spring is rated for...i know its like a 74/228 and yellow/green is 114/267. and a lose belt causing it to ride high in primary to soon???

will changin that spring out make a difference on how fast clutch closes when its revved hard.. so it will maybe give me more low end....Also, i have the shims out of secondary and belt rides about 1/8 above sheave.....but still have alot of slack...Also primary , where belt sits has like 1/4 on each side of belt..

dont think i can shim motor that much to get 2 inches out of belt......Cat dealer looked at my belt and said its not stretched that bad for that much deflection...

Any ideas , im gonna try a 020 belt since its a tad wider but any other ideas why i have this much slack.....Mounts are good and hasnt been wrecked in front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
belt on sled is what is suppose to be on it. 0627-012. The deflection is like about 3 or so inches...I can take belt off with spinning secondary. The primary spring says in factory manual that it should be a yellow/green. It has a orangeish red one on it now. Came this way.

I have a bad bog on take off til like 6k rpms and rollin like 25 mph or so and then you hit gas it pulls hard...Just bogs badly off line....

Not carbs, ive taken them off like 3 times, cleaned them double checked all jets and floats...All good....Runs great on stand..

I know that its takin off in more or less high gear......Would this 700 motor be turning more then that red spring is rated for...i know its like a 74/228 and yellow/green is 114/267. and a lose belt causing it to ride high in primary to soon???

will changin that spring out make a difference on how fast clutch closes when its revved hard.. so it will maybe give me more low end....Also, i have the shims out of secondary and belt rides about 1/8 above sheave.....but still have alot of slack...Also primary , where belt sits has like 1/4 on each side of belt..

dont think i can shim motor that much to get 2 inches out of belt......Cat dealer looked at my belt and said its not stretched that bad for that much deflection...
Any ideas , im gonna try a 020 belt since its a tad wider but any other ideas why i have this much slack.....Mounts are good and hasnt been wrecked in front.[/b]

hey

what rpm does the primary engage at? should be between 3700 and 4300 or close

find out if the secondary is stock or if someone changed that too the helix should have two numbers on it, and see if spring in secondary is the stock one. Also check weights in primary to see if they are too heavy for the spring, if engagement is low rpm like 3400 or less then the primary is probably at fault either by heavy weights or soft/short spring if engages around 4000 and up then probably a secondary problem such as too steep of a helix, ask dealer the stock settings and see what is changed. who ever u got it from may have tried to make a custom clutch kit but failed good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took hood off and belt guard. It runs decent off line for the first 15 minutes or so, Till like the belt warms up... Then in deeper snow when i go to take off i can see the belt slip down into the secondary sheave about 1/4 below sheave and sometimes even more at the same time it bogs. I might try and adjust the spring hole location for now and see if i can find a difference at all. Has stock yellow secondary spring, i will check helix numbers today and see.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took hood off and belt guard. It runs decent off line for the first 15 minutes or so, Till like the belt warms up... Then in deeper snow when i go to take off i can see the belt slip down into the secondary sheave about 1/4 below sheave and sometimes even more at the same time it bogs. I might try and adjust the spring hole location for now and see if i can find a difference at all. Has stock yellow secondary sheave, i will check helix numbers today and see.[/b]

try to tighten the secondary up by putting the spring all the way to the right when looking at clutch from side

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you talkin the hole where the arrow is pointing? i was tryin to figure that one out...but havent taken it apart yet.

NOTE: this pic isnt mine, one off internet, my spring was in the middle hole...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts